Jared Honored With Fine Jewelry “Rising Star” Award From FGI

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

A big congrats to Jared on their collab with Shy Dayan of Shy Creation for their latest collection, and I love the necklace in the photo, plus the drop earrings directly below it in the photo even though the other earrings appear to match the necklace better. Aw heck, I'll just take all three :lol: , and I hope we get to see more beautiful jewels to drool over. 8-)

By Amy Elliott | May 16, 2024

"On Monday, Fashion Group International (FGI) held its annual Rising Star Awards event, honoring fashion brands and professionals in a variety of sectors, from accessories and evening wear to content creation and more.

Jared took home the award in fine jewelry, for the second edition of its Atelier collection, a high jewelry collaboration with Shy Dayan of Shy Creation. The other fine jewelry finalists were Ivar by Ritika Ravi and Jaune Pearls. Nominees in every category were chosen with a particular emphasis on creativity and innovation, according to FGI.

Accepting the award, Jared president Claudia Cividino said, “I think what inspires us at Jared is to make beauty accessible. This year marks our 30th anniversary. I think that’s a testament to the fact that you can be a rising star at any age.”

Cividino, who was joined at the podium by Kathy Dayan, creative director of Shy Creation, told the audience: “We were inspired to create a holiday collection of high fashion jewelry, which we call Atelier…. I called Kathy Dayan and her family and said, ‘Would you be up to doing this with us?’ And we received incredible sketches that blew our minds. The creativity of the jewelry just took our breath away, and all the more so when it was complete.

Highlights from the second edition of Atelier, Jared’s high jewelry collection created in collaboration with Shy Dayan

“This is a small collection of jewelry…some of which has walked red carpets, most recently the other night at the Met Gala,” Cividino said in her remarks.

Added Dayan, “I’ll keep it very simple: Our inspiration is the female, forever and always. We believe that when you make a woman feel comfortable, safe, and beautiful in her own skin, she’s capable of anything. So here’s to all the women in the room and all the men support us.”

After the ceremony, Shy Creation founder and chief designer Shy Dayan told JCK via email, “It was exciting to get back to my roots and create one-of-a-kind pieces where each stone shape and color was an essential part of the design. I am honored to be the recipient of this award along with Jared. Our collaboration on Atelier was natural, as I have a passion for rare and unique gemstones.

“It means a lot personally to be recognized for the unique styles in the Shy Dayan x Jared Atelier collection by the FGI group, which epitomizes innovation and excellence in fashion and retail.”

Cividino joined Jared in January 2023 from Loro Piana, the Italian clothing and textile company, and has been applying her knowledge of the luxury market to fulfill her vision of differentiating the brand by the caliber—and competitive price points—of its high jewelry offerings.

Jared’s vice president of merchandising, Ann Grimmett (who attended the FGI awards), spoke with JCK editor-in-chief Victoria Gomelsky last November about Atelier and how the brand’s move into high jewelry aligns with its plans to convert clients accustomed to shopping at elite jewelers such as Cartier and Tiffany & Co.

Star quality! Claudia Cividino, Kathy Dayan, and Ann Grimmett celebrate Jared’s win outside 583 Park Avenue, the Manhattan event space that hosted the FGI Rising Star Awards. (photo: @aelliott718)

That might have seemed like a tall order, but the FGI award certainly suggests that leaning into luxury—as in, exquisite emeralds and yellow diamonds—was the right call.

The Dayan family, including Kathy and Shy (who are siblings), will be showing the latest Shy Creation jewels May 29–June 3 in Las Vegas at ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... tar-award/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)